Monday, January 21, 2008

Instructions for Tuesday--Please Read Carefully!

This is a duplicate of an email I just sent you (so if you just read that, you can skip this)

I *hate* to do this (those of you who know me know how much!) but I have to give you an assignment for tomorrow in lieu of meeting with you. You have my sincere and profuse apologies. Here's what I need you to do:

1. Decide what your group project will be, and with whom you'll be working. You need to tell me the general subject (as you've been discussing on the weblog) and your approach--will it be a movie, a hypertext, a song, etc.

2. Also tell me what your point will be. What will you be trying to convince people of, or educate them about or [whatever the point is]

3. Tell me which part of the project each member of the group will be taking the lead on. So, for instance, if you're going to do a short film about how different grape koolaide is from cherry koolaide (I'm giving a silly example so as not to indicate any preference about *real* projects, perhaps one person will do the interviews, one person will do the filming and editing, and one person will do the research to fill in the "facts" in the video. Here's an example you can use as a model:

Our group, *Elvis Presley, Keith Richards, and Stevie Nicks*, will be doing *an interpretive dance* on *the issue of koolaide, and how widely the quality of it varies, according to flavor.* Our working hypothesis is that whether or not someone likes koolaide depends on which kind they have.

For our main pieces of evidence we're going to use interviews (which will be taped and then serve as a backdrop for our dance), surveys (which will be scrolled behind us as we dance) and some background research which will explain how they became so different. That information will also be displayed behind the dancers.

The roles we'll be playing are as follows:
Elvis will be our main choreographer, Keith will do music, and I (Stevie) will direct. We will all dance and take turns with the camera. Our product will be a tape (approximately 10 minutes long) of our dance, with the research and additional information edited in behind the dancers.



This information needs to be **posted to the weblog** by Tuesday night at 5:00, so please, use tomorrow's class time to figure it out and get the information posted.

Again, you have my apologies. I know this is especially disruptive right after a snow day. I promise we'll get back on track on Thursday. (Don't worry about the schedule at all until then.)

Let me know if you have questions. I'll see you on Thursday.

--T. F.

No comments: