Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Internet Speed at Jittery Joe's

My internet has been out at my house for a couple of days, so I decided to do the internet speed at Jittery Joe's.

Download speed: 1970 kbps
Upload speed: 303 kbps

I know we were supposed to do this before Tuesday, so I am sorry I am late. I wanted to do this assignment because I was really curious about how I added up to the rest of the world.

I have Northland Cable internet, and I would like to add how upset I am that local cable companies like this have a monopoly over cable internet service in the rural areas. My parents also have this problem where they live. Northland Cable has extremely bad customer service, but their internet service is at least faster than DSL. Not only should the united states have faster internet like the other countries, but there should be the ability to choose who you can get cable service from.

No comments: