Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Narrative Ideas: Remediation, Online Gaming, Digital Literacy in the Classroom

The history of remediation

Digital literacy in the classroom - how it changes the way students learn and teachers teach.

Digital communities, especially online games like World of Warcraft (WOW). Maybe exploring the discourse of that community in a humorous way.

"bleed over" from gaming into mainstream culture (Mr. T and William Shatner WOW commercials)

extreme online gamers-people whose lives revolve around the game to the point where they've died as a result of their addiction.

1 comment:

September said...

I took Dr. Holmevik's video game class and I've loved WoW ever since. I'm not a gamer; it's the only game I've ever played but I like it for the community. I can play with friends I haven't seen in years who live in other states. I'd like to work on this subject if you have a group.