Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Final Post

1. The most surprising thing about digital literacy for me was how it means many different things to different people. The definition is like the definition of Professional Communication, it can pretty much mean what you want it to (within the realms of literacy, of course). I was also surprised by how I may think I'm digitally literate and then I see people who can write code and speak using computer jargon and I have no clue what they are doing or saying.

2. Remediation had a different meaning for me this time around. I had read it before in undergrad for a Writing for Electronic Media class, so I was looking for something else in it when I read it back then. This time around there were still some concepts I could not quite grasp, but although a challenging read, it make more sense to me.

3. My proudest accomplishment was teaching myself how to use iMovie without using the Help function. I sat in front of my computer for hours going through everything it could do and although I may not have done things the "right" way, I still figured it out.

4. Being able to use iMovie and other things on my computer will be a huge help in my life. I want to make a movie for my MAPC project and knowing how to use a movie-making program will make my life much easier.

No comments: