Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Infotopia 1 & 2

I took away from this reading a message very similar to that which Molly took away from it--the cliche "two heads are better than one." This idea in support of collaborative thinking made me think of this class in particular. When working through the concepts of our reading assignments on my own I, more often than not, find it a daunting task. Sometimes I close the text more confused than when I first opened it. My understanding of the readings come from our collaborative class discussions of them and similarly our blog posts. It's as though we all hold a piece to the puzzle and that which makes no sense makes perfect sense when interlocked together.

In addition to our readings, I also thought about our first project for this class. I can't imagine accomplishing what I accomplished in the first project without my group members. While none of us had knowledge of the programs that we would be using beforehand, working together to decipher through the technical manuals explaining iMovie among other things proved very beneficial. Things that I didn't necessarily get Vanessa and/or Anna did get and vice versa.

No comments: