Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Final Post

I really enjoyed learning more regarding digital literacy. This is a field I have only dabbled in, so there were lots of surprises. I was probably most surprised by how digital means are created to make things more simple. I have always been afraid to tackle new computer programs, etc. for fear that it will be to difficult. But, these programs are here only to make things easier. My proudest accomplishment, no doubt, would be conquering MovieMaker. I had barely any experience with Powerpoint, so this was a big step! This was also probably my biggest challenge, because a lot of the tecnical terms used in the "help" section, were foreign to me, so I had to really dive into Movie Maker and all of the technicalities of it. I now know that computer programs are built for beginners. There are always new things you can learn, but picking up the basics can really help you better understand what you are working with. I am so excited to have conquered my fear of the "digital world." I walked in on day one and announced that I was "digitally unable," and now I feel like I could attempt any program. This will be very helpful later on, when I get a job. I will be able to understand different programs and all that they involve. I will be able to have a better understanding on how to get started on new digital projects, because the background and basics I have learned in this class will help me.

No comments: