Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Individual Project Revised

My digital literacy project will document my learning process using Final Cut Pro. It will show my progression from a first time user to a user more familiar with the program and production process. This project will include the use of Final Cut Pro, a video camcorder, and an instructional podcast recording. Integrating these forms of media will express my digital literacy while also narrating my comprehension of Final Cut Pro.

The project may not explicitly address concepts from class, but the concepts will be evident through the way the project is arranged. The project will be organized in segments to address the basic tasks I completed in Final Cut Pro. Moreover, the recorded material will be of me actually working on the final project and show how I would have presented my creative assignment if I had used Final Cut Pro.

The projected time it will take for me to complete this assignment will be approximately a month. The reason this project will be so time consuming is because I will have to record myself while in the MATRF lab using the Mac computer since I do not own one; also, I can only check out a video camcorder for a twenty-four hour period. Since I will be learning the program and recording, I will end up with more material than I need. I will also have to write a script to accompany my taping. Therefore, it is somewhat difficult to create an accurate timeline for this assignment. I will be tasked with both taping and learning the program while also determining what footage to discard in order to make the documentary relevant.

No comments: