Friday, April 25, 2008

Infotopia 1 and 2

The internet was a main topic in this part of the reading. I think the most interesting thing about the internet is how it reaches not just those of us in the United States, but people everywhere. It is such a gateway for our society. Sometimes I forget that there was a time when there was no internet or even that only a few wealthy individuals had access to it. I mean, it wasn't that long ago when I was introduced to the internet through AOL. Even after many of my friends had gotten AOL, I still had no idea what it was. I remember the days of doing my research for school through encyclopedias (which was horrible let me add). Now, I feel as if I am dependent on the internet and new technologies to do everything in life I need to do. For example, in class in my what I didn't know presentation, I realized that in the near future, we will be able to go into a restaurant and order food without ever having a server come take our order. You will even be able to pay without that person being there. This blows my mind on so many levels. The internet has really changed the way our society is run. However, we must also use the internet with many cautions now because of the easy access to whoever wants to use it.

No comments: