Friday, April 25, 2008

Revised Individual Project Proposal

Subject/Focus
The subject is a website devoted to gossiping. What can I say? I’m a “gossip girl.” Specifically, the site will focus on the happenings of today’s college campuses. Every other week I plan to change the topic of the podcasts found on the site’s homepage. The podcasts that I will initially have on my site satirizes what being Greek means and what being Greek doesn’t mean. The idea/content for the podcast was actually written by another college student and I approached him about taking his written word and remediating it into podcasts. This subject allows me to consistently change my website, to always have something fresh and exciting to talk about, and to have my knowledge of the software keep growing each week. It illustrates my digital literacy because it incorporates remediation (taking written word and remediating it into digital audio), it incorporates web design, as well as audio technologies. I’m most excited about my project because it allows me to further my digital literacy by “playing” with software that I have yet to use this semester. I thought rather than build on something that I’ve already done I want to take on something new all together :) This project allows me to do just that.

Treatment
Boutique website that holds my podcasts.

Technology specifications
Dreamweaver and Audacity

Task breakdown
· Select content
· Select images
· Create website
· Select buffer music
· Create numerous podcast
· Upload podcast/content/images to website
· Polish final product

Working Time Line
Proposal completed 3.13 Final draft completed 4.28
First draft completed 3.28 Final project due during exam time

No comments: